BookingForStudents.com provides online housing services through its own websites and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
What kind of personal information does use?
When you make a reservation, you’ll be asked for your name, telephone number, email address, payment details and flight information.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can always contact Booking for Students to enquire about your current reservation.
When you visit our website, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does BookingForStudents.com collect, use and share your personal details?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked.
- Customer service: We provide international customer service 5 days a week from 9am until 6pm from our local offices in both Spanish and English. Sharing your details with our customer service allows for a quick response when you need us – including helping you find an appropriate accommodation and any questions you might have about your reservation.
- Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other tenants choose a place to stay that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us, we may use your contact information to send you news about other services. We also send our customers pertinent information about their housing by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the BookingForStudents.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with BookingForStudents.com
- We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as how to contact BookingForStudents.com if you need assistance while you’re away, or any other pertinent information about your selected housing.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does BookingForStudents.com use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we integrated social media plugins into the BookingForStudents.com website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, BookingForStudents.com uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites and by offering social apps. These social media services may allow you to share information with BookingForStudents.com. When you register with a social media app, you’ll be told which information will be shared with BookingForStudents.com The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s already available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your friends list. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our website. It facilitates things like personalizing our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations and analyzing and enhancing our travel-related services.
We may also enable you to sign in to BookingForStudents.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
BookingForStudents.com uses the personal information we collect from you to provide our service to you. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes without your consent except where mentioned in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Law 15/99 on the 13th of December of 1999 (the “Act”), the data controller is Booking For Students S.L. and it’s website http://bookingforstudents.com located on; Cuesta de Santo Domingo Nº4-Local 28013 Madrid, Spain which is registered with the CIF registered number: B87330932, abides by the current legislation in regards to the protection of personal data and contact information of its clients/customers and maintains those under strict confidentiality.
How does BookingForStudents.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The accommodation you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodation you booked with. This may include information like your name, contact and payment details, your flight information and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Other companies within the BookingForStudents.com corporate family: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the corporate BookingForStudents.com family. Your information might also be shared with other members of the Priceline Group (Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com and Kayak.com) for analysis to provide you with travel-related offers that may be of interest to you and to offer you customized service.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send the reservation information on our behalf to the accommodation you just booked, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our accommodation and services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to distribute the accommodations listed on our website and mobile apps. When you make a reservation on one of these business partners’ websites, certain personal information that you give them may be shared with us. Similarly, we may share information with this business partner, like that of your order/reservation, in order to manage your reservation, so that they can address queries related to your reservation and for marketing purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
How does BookingForStudents.com use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any property booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the property and the surrounding areas. If you don’t want your name to show with your review, you can use an alternate name or it can be displayed anonymously. By completing a tenant review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed (as further described in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant property information page on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant property or on our business partner’s website, to inform future tenants about the quality and services of the property you stayed in.
If you indicate that a tenant review was helpful – or not helpful – we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize tenant reviews.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognized by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, provide you with the options you need, to find the right property for you. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember your preferred currency and language, your searches and the property you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight on how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you viewed, which referring/exit pages you entered and left from, which platform type you used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they’ve been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and we only obtain anonymous data.
- Commercial cookies: We use these to show you BookingForStudents.com advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the properties you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown.
How long do BookingForStudents.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want. To remove BookingForStudents.com cookies from your browser, go to the following links (please note that when you click on this link, all BookingForStudents.com cookies will be removed immediately):
How can you recognize BookingForStudents.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does BookingForStudents.com use third-party cookies?
Yes, BookingForStudents.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. BookingForStudents.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioral advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org andwww.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member’s behavioral advertising program, simply check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to BookingForStudents.com cookie data?
Only BookingForStudents.com has access to BookingForStudents.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. Plus, opting out of an online advertising network doesn’t mean that you won’t receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network you opted out of will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does BookingForStudents.com use web beacons?
In addition to using cookies, BookingForStudents.com sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyze a user’s traffic patterns in order to optimize the travel-related services we bring to you.
What security procedures does BookingForStudents.com put in place to safeguard your personal information?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Your credit card details – when they are needed as part of the reservation process – are stored for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will be either permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes.
The services offered by BookingForStudents.com are not directed at children under the age of 18. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. When we receive information from a child under the age of 18, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal information you have given to BookingForStudents.com ?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our customer database by sending an email to email@example.com with “Request for removal of personal information” in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal information on the BookingForStudents.com website and apps?
BookingForStudents.com controls the processing of personal information on its websites and mobile apps. is a BookingForStudents.com private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Spain and has its offices at Cuesta de Santo Domingo 4- Local, 28013 Madird, Spain. The CIF or VAT number is B87330932. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated, September 2015